Too Many Books Disorder

Last time I posted I was talking about The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaimon.  I still think it’s a great book, but I’ve taken a break from it.  I started reading the Manga book Deathnote.  One of my seniors had me borrow it.  I’m about half way through that book as well.  It’s fun to read b/c I’ve never read a graphic novel before.  But then I was thinking about reading Tempted, the sixth book in the House of Night series.  This book is super good too.  Then, yesterday, I went to the mall…  I should have known better b/c every time I go to the mall I stop at Barnes and Noble.  And what did I buy?  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  I HAVE TOO MANY BOOKS DISORDER…

When Keith came home from work and saw it on the table he was completely shocked, but wouldn’t tell me why.  He grabbed the phone and called his friend to tell him what I was reading.  Once the phone conversation ended, he finally told me.  I guess his friends were obsessed with the videos a while ago.  I didn’t even know there were videos!  I doubt I’ll watch them.  The book is cool and I’ll read more graphic novels, but it’s kind of repetitive.  So that’s why I started reading Tempted.

This is a fun series that I began reading while I waited for Breaking Dawn to come out.  A high school teacher and her daughter dual write the books.  The storyline is fun and the characters are easy to relate to despite being vampires 🙂  I don’t think the storyline should be made into this many books, but I’ll keep reading them regardless.  The only reason I stopped reading this book is because I walked into that darn Barnes and Noble…

The Hunger Games
The past two conferences I attended ranted and raved about this book and it’s series.  I’ve never heard of them before that, but after hearing two YA gurus rave about it was enough convincing for me!  I can’t explain why it’s so hard to put down, but it is.  It is reality TV to the extreme!  The books take place way into the future where a boy and a girl from each of the districts (similar to states) have to compete to survive.  They do this each year, and it is broadcasted on TV.  Only one person will survive, and EVERYTHING is watched by the viewers.  I haven’t finished (yet), but I definitely recommend it.

So, who knows what other books I’ll finish this weekend.  I know I’ll finish The Hunger Games and possibly Tempted as well.  We will see 🙂

1. Caroline Hardin says:

I think that doing this project will make me begin reading all the books at once instead of one at a time. I think that if I do that I will have too many books disorder and get which book is which mixed up. I hate reading more than one at a time because I get confused to easily, but I know what you mean by having this disorder haha.

Maybe you should read the assigned book for class first, and then read one of your project books. It’s okay to finish the assigned books before we finish as a class.

2. Sarah Ashley says:

I know what you mean. When I go any where and there is a book store i have to go in it. I find myself buying books all the time. I have three different books at home right now that i need to read. But I can’t read more then one book at a time because i forget what i am reading. When I go to the book store I usually end up buying a book, so you are not alone.

3. Samantha Morgan says:

Mrs. Andersen,
    I really dont know what to write on here. So ill just go with whats on my mind. I ABSOUTLEY loved “Thirteen Reasons Why”. That book was one of those kind that you couldnt put down. I read it in about two days, and everywhere i went, so did the book. 🙂 I think that the book got more people to change thier ways and notice when young adults have a cry for help. Also Breathing Underwater was a very good book. Also very personal.. enough said. I think you know what I am talking about. =/ I am now starting to read ” Impulse” and after I finsh that I plan on reading the others that go along with it. I am so gald that you decided to teach this class. I love to read and it just gave me more time and a better excuse to do so 🙂 Thanks for being such a good teacher

4. Death Note is amazing, it is not repetitive. Manga and anime in general is amazing.

5. Rachel Edrington says:

Mrs. Andersen your blogs crack me up with what you say, what you say is just like you. With your “I have too many books disorder” and in your other blogs “I shouldn’t be up this early on a friday and i need to go to Target to buy a cute planner for my YA class.” 🙂

6. Ellie Ratza says:

I have also been keeping up on The House of Night novels and i have really enjoyed them so far. i agree they do drag it out at certain points but i heard there is supposed to be twelve books in the series, so maybe that explains it.

7. Victoria Bechtel says:

I know that we only had to comment on one of these but all well. 😛 I have read the House of Night Series and i love them. They are amazing and I cant wait to read Tempted. I have all of the other books and havent ot around to read the latest one. Hope to soon though!!