Books of 2009

I’ve decided I’m going to keep track of all the books I read in 2010.  I didn’t do this in 2009, and since I’m a list maker, I decided to write down all the books I’ve read in the past year.  I’m pretty sure these are all of them, and they aren’t in any particular order.

1. The Hunger Games  by Suzanne Collins
34. Papertowns by John Green
35. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

I just realized (1/4/10) that I forgot about a couple books.  I didn’t include:
36. Sticky Fingers by Niki Burnham
37. When It Happens by Susane Colasanti

1. Eric "Spiderman" Davis says:

Twisted is not on your list? Did you read it before ’09 or have you not read it? Well, I finished it about a week ago. I wasn’t impressed much. It did eventually get better, but it took too long to get relatively interesting, and I was not fond of the main character.

I read Twisted two years ago when it first came out 🙂 I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy as much as you wanted to.

2. Tyler Richards says:

Wow , I wish I was that accomplished . . I’m about to start reading Sweethearts by Sara Zarr . . hope it’s good .

3. Caroline Hardin says:

You read alot. If I was to make a list of last years books, it would only have five books to it.

Five books is probably more than I had read in a year when I was in high school. I didn’t start reading this much until my last year of college after I took my Young Adult Lit. class. I’m sure you’ll be able to read more than five this year! 🙂

4. Robbie Mace says:

I read alot of books but, I have not read alot of the books on that list. I’ve started readng city of bones and I’ve found it interesting and original.

5. Edward Zaker says:

Wow, that is a very impressive list. It has several books in it that I’ve been trying to get my hands on. You may just be my hero… well one of them.
    I am in the last stretch of The Golem’s Eye. So far, my favourite part of the series is the footnote. Are the footnotes? Is the footnotes? Favourite parts are the/is the…? Eh, anyway, I enjoyed the second very much. Granted, there were a few paragraphs I had to skim, but I am thoroughly entertained.

• Edward Zaker says:

I forgot to add that I intend to reply to all of your new posts in the future so that I do not fall behind and miss your “comment-on-my-blog” assignment(s) again “xD
      Oh, would you be chance have any advice for the project I chose. I doubt many people picked that one as well, but any help/advice/et cetera would/will always be happily received.

• Edward Zaker says:

*by chance, not be chance. My bad, I should have read over it before posting…. /)_-

Edward, I think it would be “is the footnotes.” When speaking about a book, we are supposed to always use the “literary present.” I’m glad you’re going to check this more often. I was surprised you forgot b/c I updated Twitter about some of my posts… Also, during class I will talk to you about your project 🙂

• Edward Zaker says:

Note to self made: “literary present.” Gotcha.
            Thank you very much, once again, for the help in class. I look forward for any information your former classmates (and you, of course!!) may have.
            I went to Ms. Anderson’s blog, and the blog of Mr. Lyga… both were incredibly… awesome! And so helpful! Thank you for showing them to me.
            Developing the characters proves more complicated than I originally estimated. I had heard of the characters writing the story, and I quite like that process, but I am having trouble getting them to speak up. They were quite vocal when I first had the idea, but now they are so quiet. I am at a loss.
            Oh, with Looking For Alaska, I am so close to “the event” it hurts. I can put the blasted book down. >_<
            Oh yes, and as promised, a list of my own (of books that interested me from your own list):
            3. Unwind
            4. White is for Magic
            5. Silver is for Secrets
            9. City of Bones
            10. City of Ashes
            11. City of Glass
            12. and 13. I was looking at in a book store; I’m a little worried that they might be a bit… cliché. Maybe that isn’t the right word… eh, I dunno.
            14. and 17. I was also looking at, but, like the 12/13 combo, I am concerned that they might be too similar to other books.
            19. Deadline
            21. Sabriel
            22. Stardust
            35. Thirteen Reasons Why

6. Mercedes Kaiser says:

I am getting so mad at myself! I do not pick the right books! I literally am trying so hard to read Staying Fat for Sara Byrnes but, I just can’t do it anymore. I got to Chapter 5 and I am totally lost and its super slow and boring. So, maybe it Wintergirls isn’t already checked out I will read that one.

I think Emily has Wintergirls, but I also think she is switching her project back to the original. Because of that, I’m pretty sure she’s going to return Wintergirls. I thought of another book you might want to try– Izzy Willy, Nilly by Cynthia Voight. I have it in my room, and I really enjoyed it. You might also like A Dance of Sisters by Tracey Porter.

7. Ellie Ratza says:

Thats a long list, and I’m actually not sure if I read that many. I read alot too but I still dont know if my list could compare. I did get Evermore and Blue Moon for christmas and read them already and they were really good. I also got City of bones but I havent started it yet, was it good?

How many books do you think you’ve read, Ellie? I know you read quite a bit. I absolutely LOVE the Mortal Instruments series! City of Bones was awesome and the only reason I didn’t finish it in a day or two was because I started reading it a couple days before my wedding. I was just a tad busy 🙂

8. On my “wish list”, I have some of the books you’ve read. I have Wintergirls, If I Stay, Deadline, Sweethearts, Living Dead Girl, Sticky Fingers, and When it Happens, and maaaany more. But from looking at your list, I may have to look up more books.

I also read Thirteen Reasons Why – great book. 🙂

When you start Living Dead Girl, make sure to have an upbeat book at hand for when you finish. It’s a great book, and important for people to read, but it’s also brutal and hard to finish. I can’t remember what I read after it, but it was a little more light-hearted.

9. I wanted to read the hunger games. Was it good or is it not worth bothering with???

10. I can’t get enough of Ellen Hopkin’s books. They are amazing. I really want to read something new though do u have any suggestions?

11. Stephanie Peterson says:

That’s a lot of books! I deffinately wish I could keep track of the books I read. As a matter of fact I think might start keeping track now and see how many I read before I start college. It’s a pretty good idea!

I’ve only just started doing this. It’s hard for me to narrow it down to a calendar year because I think of school years.

12. Angelica Kristin Leigh Clark says:

I don’t think I have even seen any of those books.

13. Kelsey Reider says:

Whoa. You read many, many books Mrs. Anderson. I really want to read Living Dead Girl because it sounds really unique and interesting. But, the library’s copy is always checked out. I’m intrigued by the Hunger Games but I don’t know if I could get into it. However, most of the books on that list seem like I would try them at least once.

14. Shayne Harrington says:

I absolutely LOVE Ellen Hopkins. I’ve read everything by her except for Identical (which I’ll probably read eventually). I’m thinking about mentioning her a little in my project on banned books. Also glad to see that you’ve read thirteen reasons why, again, one of my favorites. This year, you should add The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Steven Chbosky to your reading list… that is my absolute ALLLLLL time favorite. 🙂

I’ve been wanting to read Perks for a long time now. I don’t know why I haven’t bought it yet!

15. Angela Liddell says:

I would really like to read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher for my project. When we did our book circle the book really captured me in the first few pages and I am excited to read the rest.

16. Renee Montague says:

Tenderness is not on the list? maybe you havent read it in that time or what not but i really liked the book it was something i would not have read at all but maybe this is a new generation of books i might be getting into because i could not put the book down i did of course as i told you get conffizled in the story of how it goes from erics point of view of getting out of prison to lori it was weired but i really loved it=]=]=]=]=]

I read Tenderness a few years ago when I was student teaching. If you like this book, you’ll probably like most of Robert Cormier’s other books as well.

17. Katelyn Torrey says:

I have read a few books from your list and they were all great. Deadline, Along for the Ride, Hunted, Tempted, and Thirteen Reasons Why. I would have to say that all of them were equally good in very different ways. Deadline and Thirteen Reasons Why are very different books than what I normally read, but anyways, I really enjoyed them both. I really like the idea of putting a list together of books that I have read; I just think it is going to be too hard to remember all of them!

18. Erin Stiers says:

Well, my list of books read for 2009 isn’t as long as yours Mrs. Andersen but I can say that I have read a good variety of those books. The authors that caught my eye from the list were Ellen Hopkins, Scott Westerfeld, Laurie Halse Anderson, Jodi Picoult, etc. Also I am into the third book in The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Claire. I really liked the first two, so I am pretty excited to get into City of Glass. The stacks of books in my room are getting taller and taller.. I wonder if Borders can give me my own set up there? (:

It would be amazing if we could get our own set-ups there 🙂 Cassandra Clare is starting a series of prequels titled The Infernal Devices. The first one comes out in the fall. You should check out her website if you haven’t already.