Books of 2010

Because I’m a teacher, I don’t think of years like a normal person.  My years go according to school years.  Last school year a student asked me how many books I’ve read in a year, and b/c of this oddity I couldn’t figure it out.  Once the New Year rolled around, I decided to keep track of each book I read during 2010.

I can’t say that all of these are in order.  I did a good job at the beginning of the year, but for a while I forgot to update my list.  My summer reading starts at #20.

How many books do you think I’ll read by December 31st?!

Books of 2010
13. Touched by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler
14. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
15. Gone by Lisa McMann
16. Inexcusable by Chris Lynch
17. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
18. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
19. The Arrival by Shaun Tan (graphic novel)
20. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
21. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan
22. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
23. Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti
24. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
25. Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr
26. Things Change by Patrick Jones
27. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
28. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

*Those that are BOLD are my favorites
*This list does not include my large pile of half-read books (That’s a whole other list…)

1. Kelsey Reider says:

Thats quite a few books. What is Beautiful Creatures about?

If you search through my blog I have a review of it posted. It’s about a guy living in a small town that keeps having dreams about a girl he doesn’t know. In each of his dreams, he’s just about to keep her from tragedy, and then he wakes up. He ends up meeting the girl from his dreams when she moves into town. Her name is Lena, and she’s not your average girl. Odd things happen around her depending on her mood, but Ethan (the protagonist) can’t stay away from her.

2. Tristan Bishop says:

This is the list of all the books i’ve read this year.

1. Shadowland by Alyson Noel
    32. Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz
    33. Dark Flame by Alyson Noel
    34. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
    35. The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
    36. Is It Night or Day? by Fern Schumer Chapman
    37. Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson

That is absolutely awesome, Tristan! Is this from January to the present or last school year to now? I own and have read quite a few of those, but some are still on my “To Read” list.

• Tristan Bishop says:

It’s from January. My parents have cut me off from reading right now until i finishing my book for Honors Sophmore Seminar 🙁 lol. I tried bolding my favorites like you did but i couldn’t figure it out.

Oh geez! What books do you need to read for Sophomore Seminar?

I don’t think you can bold things when you leave a comment, but you could always try typing it up as a Word doc first (being able to bold) and then pasting it in the comment field. Or you could put a * next to your favorites.

• Tristan Bishop says:

I have to read The Count of Monte Cristo. And its 600 pages 🙁 anddd i havent even started! But i know i’ll be able to finish it in like a week. And i promised i’d start it tomorrow.

3. How interesting you say that, it is exactly the reason I started a book blog. I set a goal for myself for this year (Jan-Jan) of 104 books. I hit 52 today! Halfway there! I’m going to be trolling around your website looking for YA books to read. I read a bit of everything.

I see that you said Gone is one of your favorites, I stumbled upon it while meandering around B&N last week and am waiting for it from the library. I’m glad you liked it, I have high hopes.

Hey Jen! I’m so happy you started a blog as well! Have you read Wake and Fade as well? I love the whole series. Lisa McMann has a new book coming out called Cryer’s Cross. It sounds really good!

I’m impressed with your reading list; I’m now in the 30s 🙂 What have you read so far?