Clio Y.A. Lit Book Club

I started a Facebook page for my Clio Y.A. Lit Book Club!!  I have a link to it in my sidebar for you to check out, plus I sent out FB invitations.  I’m going to add this book club to my categories to try and organize any discussions we start via my blog.  I’d like to try and keep most of the discussions here to keep things organized if possible.  Especially since I update this so often with books reviews and fun stuff like that.

#1.  What are you favorite books of Summer 2010?

#2.  Who might be interested in starting their own WordPress blog?

P.S.  Do you think I need a bigger shelf?!  When I took this picture I was still missing books, and I’ve bought more over the summer 🙂

1. Yes to the book shelf thing.

2. Abby Bogie says:

I havent read a single book allll summer ):
    I just can’t find any good ones or new ones i haven’t read. The only reason I’d be looking forward to summer ending is to find a new good book on your shelf! haha. Hope your summer is going good!

That’s too bad, Abby 🙁 What kind of book are you hoping to find? I’m pretty sure I’ll have a good book waiting for you when school starts 🙂

3. you definitely need a bigger shelf 🙂

Yeah I think my dad is making me a different one to put by the window 🙂 I need one with more shelves.

4. I’ve needed a new bookshelf in my room for a few years now and pretty much all my flat surfaces are taken up by the overflow lol you don’t want your room to look like mine XD

Haha How many books do you have in your room?! I should take pictures of the random places I have books in my house. Most are oganized on shelves, but I have a couple random boxes as well. The boxed books are mostly middle level books I’m holding on to if I ever teach middle school.

5. Hmm, yes you need a bigger shelf. 🙂 Especially since I know you are getting more books this month when they come out. My favorite book this summer is a tie between the City of Bones and The Hunger Games.

6. So I guess I am a tad bit confused on how this whole book club thing is working, but good news… I made myself a blog. I am only about 5% sure on how to work it but it is there!

I just looked at your blog! That’s so exciting 🙂 I guess I’m confused too b/c I don’t know how much everyone wants to do this. I’d love to hold discussions on here (with updates/links on the FB page) and then occassionally meet up somewhere to talk in person. What do you think of that?

• I think that sounds great. I know I was serious about it and im sure everyone else is too. I think we just need to set a day that we will hold the discussions everyweek and put exactly where they can be found

7. Abby Bogie says:

i really want to read flowers in the attic. i meant to get that one before school ended but i got really busy twords the end of the year so that will for sure be on my to do list during the first couple weeks of school. Are you making a Book Club? I added the facebook thing.

I have the copy of Flowers in the Attic that includes the second book Petals on the Wind. I’ve been wanting to read it this summer but for some reason I haven’t yet. I’ll hold on to it for you 🙂

I hope I get to make an official book club for our school, but I have one started for after school. I’m thinking it would be cool to hold a first meeting somewhere this weekend. Do you have any suggestions?