Normally, I’m not a fan of making New Year’s resolutions because I never stick with them. But when it comes to reading and blogging, I KNOW I’ll be able to stick with my goals.
1. My biggest goal for 2011 is to read at least 100 books. In 2009 I read close to 40 and felt that was a big deal (for some that is!). This year (2010) I’ve read 76, and I know I’ll have more done by the 31st 🙂 Teaching and keeping up with reading can be difficult, but I’ve obviously found a way to accomplish both because my number has gone up. I definitely think I can make the 100 book mark!
2. I didn’t really start to seriously blog until July, so my blog has been a work in progress since then. I love writing reviews, but I want to start including more author interviews, giveaways, and discussion posts. Right now I have an interview with Denise Jaden (Losing Faith) set up. I’m also putting together a cool new feature on my blog involving my students and 2011 debut authors 😀
3. I need to subscribe to more blogs. I’m following a few, but I haven’t commented on them enough. I love getting comments, so it makes sense that I should comment on blogs as well.
4. And this is probably dorky, but I want to create an icon/badge for my blog. I’d like to jazz up my layout too. We’ll see…
5. Lately I’ve been reading a bunch of new titles. I love keeping up, but I have a bunch of older titles waiting to be read on my shelf at home. I also have quite a few half-read books (The Rules of Survival and Fire for example). These will be read and moved to my bookshelf at school.
That pretty much sums up my resolutions for 2011. What are your reading/blogging resolutions?