Bad Taste in Boys Release Day!

Happy Book Birthday to Carrie Harris!!  Today is the release of her debut novel Bad Taste in Boys.  I haven’ t read this one yet, but I’ve only heard good things about this funny zombie book 🙂  I see a trip to the book store in my future…

Summary (From Goodreads): Someone’s been a very bad zombie.

Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steroids are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe–not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate!

She’s got to find an antidote–before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town. . . and stay hormonally human.

Carrie Harris is a Michigan author (yay!) and she’s hosting an auction for a great cause.  Lots of books and book-related things are up for auction.  Also, Carrie Harris is having a launch party on July 23rd at Nicola’s Books in Ann Arbor, Michigan which starts at 2pm (I hope to be there!).

Related to today’s release, there’s lots of fun being had at Cari’s Book Blog where you can link up and join the release day fun (Thanks for hosting this, Cari!).  You can make yourself look like a zombie, take a picture with sprinkles or sugar on your lips, etc.  I opted for sugar lips (don’t judge)!

Sugar acts as a great lip exfoliator!

1. I hope you come to the launch! I’d love to meet you in person!

I think the only reason I wouldn’t go is if Keith goes to Portland for business because I plan on going with him. Otherwise I’ll be there! 😀

2. Haha! I am loving the sugar lips. I am so glad you joined in too. Going to the book launch would definitely be fun! I think I just may have to go to that as well 🙂

3. LOL I love that you added a beauty tip to it! Thanks so much for participating!!

Thanks for hosting it! I figured I’d add that little tip since my lips are nice and soft after wiping all the sugar off 😛

4. The beauty tip killed me! Thank you so much for doing this–the surprise has REALLY made my day. 🙂

And do let us know if you’ll be coming! I think we might do a blogger lunch beforehand!

I’m happy this made your day! 😀 And I will most definitely let you know if I can come. A blogger lunch sounds really fun!

5. dot sprinkles also make a great, colorful exfoliator.

Ok, lie. Well except for the colorful part.

But they do make you look like a crazy Baby Jane! 🙂

🙂 I really wanted to find sprinkles, any sprinkles, but I was too lazy to make a trip to the store.

6. also, rhetoric question: HOW CRAZY Ivory Girl beautiful are you?!?!!? 🙂

7. Ahh! I’ve been dying to read this one, and I didn’t realize its release date was already here! I was contemplating taking a trip to Borders today, and now I think I’m going to have to. 🙂

8. I’ve been reading this blog for months and didn’t realize you were a Michigander (what does this say about my reading comprehension?). Hope to meet you and my fellow Salineite Carrie at Nicola’s!

How cool that you’ve been reading my blog for so long! 🙂 I hope we meet at Nicola’s!!

P.S. I just looked up your book after seeing your Facebook profile. It looks really cute, so I added it to my Goodreads account 🙂 Yay for Michigan authors!