Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
My husband likes to tease me about my book buying habits. Maybe it’s an addiction, but I simply can’t help but buy a book or two (or three or four) when the opportunity presents itself. Consequently, a number of these books wind up sitting on my shelf for a while because not only do I buy them so often, my reading preferences change like the wind. I went through a long realistic fiction streak this summer and now I’m falling back into reading paranormal fantasy.
In no particular order, here are some books that have been sitting on my shelf for much too long.
2. Awakened by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast–This series is simply too long, but I still try to keep up with it because my students enjoy it.
3. Leverage by Joshua C. Cohen–Kelly, please don’t hate me! Kelly from Stacked has been telling me to read this FOREVER, and I really don’t know why I haven’t yet.
5. I Will Save You by Matt de la Pena
6. What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen–I LOVE Sarah Dessen! So why haven’t I read her newest book yet??
7. Black Hole Sun by David Macinnis Gill–I started this on the flight home from NCTE last year but never finished it. I was over 100 pages in and really liking it, too. I blame the massive amount of books I brought home; I wanted to read them all.
I know I should have 10 books listed, but these books have been on my shelf the longest.