In My Mailbox is a weekly meme sponsored by The Story Siren. It’s a way for bloggers to share what books they’ve received for review, borrowed from the library, or bought from the store.
It’s been a long time since I’ve participated with In My Mailbox, mostly because I have mixed feelings about it and also because I like keeping Sunday blog-free sometimes. My mixed feelings are usually about whether these posts come off as bragging, even though that’s never my intention. Today’s post might feel that way for some, but it’s the best way for me to get recognition for titles that I honestly may not get to reading soon enough. I’m also hoping that some teacher bloggers, teachers-in-training bloggers and librarian bloggers (or those that aren’t bloggers) will see this post and consider attending NCTE/ALAN in the future (it’s in Las Vegas next year!). Tomorrow I’ll have a post re-capping the experience and the sessions I attended.
ARCs RECEIVED AT NCTE:
- Lovetorn by Kavita Daswani (Goodreads) I’m excited about the diversity in this one.
- Irises by Francisco X. Stork (Goodreads)
- Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom (Goodreads) This one sounds really cute!
- The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe (Goodreads)
- Fracture by Megan Miranda (Goodreads) I started this and it’s pretty good.
- May B. by Caroline Starr Rose (Goodreads) MG title & 2012 debut author
- The Storyteller byAntonia Michaelis (Goodreads)
- Everneath by Brodi Ashton (Goodreads) I’m really looking forward to this one!
- The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges (Goodreads)
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (Goodreads) I just found out via Goodreads that this is a January release.
- DJ Rising by Love Maia (Goodreads)
- The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour (Goodreads) This is her second book, which I’m eager to read!
- Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen (Goodreads) This is a new twist on Robin Hood.
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth (Goodreads) A literary LGBT title that I’m excited to read.
- Fever by Lauren DeStefano (Goodreads) This isn’t pictured b/c I already gave it to a student to read 🙂
- Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard (Goodreads) I loved Kirsten’s first book, so I can’t wait to read this one!
- Rock On: A story of guitars, gigs, girls, and a brother (not necessarily in that order) by Denise Vega (Goodreads)
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews (Goodreads)
- Embrace by Jessica Shirvington (Goodreads) The woman at the Sourcebooks booth GUSHED about this one.
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver (Goodreads)
- Slide by Jill Hathaway (Goodreads) This one sounds like the Wake trilogy by Lisa McMann. Just realized this is a March release despite what the ARC says.
- The List by Siobhan Vivian (Goodreads) This will be the first book I’ve read by this author.
- Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg (Goodreads)
- Purity by Jackson Pearce (Goodreads) I had this one signed 🙂
- Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf (Goodreads)
- Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin (Goodreads) It bugs me when the ARC has one release date & Goodreads has another. Goodreads says this releases in April.
- When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle (Goodreads) A twist on Romeo & Juliet!
- The Drowned Cities byPaolo Bacigalupi(Goodreads)
- Never Fall Down by Patricia McCormick (Goodreads) She is one of my favorite authors.
- Struck by Jennifer Bosworth (Goodreads) A 2012 debut author
- Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Coriell (Goodreads)
- A Midsummer’s Nightmare by Kody Keplinger (Goodreads) I had this one signed 🙂
- Perfect Escape by Jennifer Brown (Goodreads)
- Nerd Girls: A Catastrophe of Nerdish Proportions by Alan Lawrence Sitomer (Goodreads) The title on Goodreads is different.
- A World Away by Nancy Grossman (Goodreads)A story of an Amish girl forced to choose between a new life and the life she grew up in.
I had grand plans of including the books I bought at NCTE & was given at ALAN, along with the finished copies I was given at different booths. I’ve decided to save those for next week’s IMM because this post has taken FOREVER. Stay tuned for even more books! 🙂