I’m very excited to have C.C. Hunter as a guest on my blog today! Her newest book in the Shadow Falls series, Taken at Dusk (Goodreads), has recently released and today she has a post for us about things learned from Taken at Dusk. C.C. Hunter is also kindly giving away a copy of her newest release to one lucky winner (giveaway details at end of post)!
Thirteen Things You’ll Learn From Taken at Dusk by C.C. Hunter
1. The only thing worse than trying to help a woman with amnesia remember her name and life is trying to help a dead woman with amnesia remember hers.
2. Be careful what you wish for—you might just get it . . . and the reality will probably not be anything like the fantasy.
3. The person you think is your enemy could just turn into a friend who’ll do anything to save you.
4. The scariest thing in the world isn’t ghosts or rogue vampires bent on murder—it’s falling in love.
5. Explaining why you have a skunk curled up in your arms to your mom and your old best friend is as easy as eating a brownie while brushing your teeth.
6. We all make mistakes, which is why it’s so important to practice forgiveness.
7. The only thing worse than a pissed-off shapeshifter is a pissed-off shapeshifter in love.
8. Sometimes the earth really does have to open up and swallow you whole before you can accept the truth that’s right in front of you.
9. Vampires have no sense of humor . . . especially when they get turned into a kangaroo.
10. Free will gives us choices, but even making the right choices can’t change destiny . . . and learning to accept that can be the most painful lesson of all.
11. People aren’t always who they say they are, even if you really want them to be.
12. Sometimes when you try to save someone, they end up saving you instead.
13. Never get between a dragon and a warlock on the war path.
Which of these is your favorite? I like numbers 8 and 9 best! Thank you for this, C.C. 🙂
Taken at Dusk by C.C. Hunter Giveaway!
** You must be 13 years of age or older **
** Only residents of the U.S. and Canada may enter **
** Leave a comment to enter (include your email in the email section, not in the comment section) **
** Only one entry per person **
** Giveaway ends Saturday, April 28th at 11:59 EST **
** Winner will be chosen using Random.org and contacted via email **