I found out about the 24 hour read-a-thon late (of course), but I think I’m going to try it! Right now as I write this blog post, over an hour late considering this started at 8am EST, I’m listening to an audiobook. I’m happy I’ve discovered audiobooks because this will help me feel more accomplished while I write this post, put together today’s crock pot dinner, and clean our bathroom during one of the breaks.
Anyway, I decided that since I’m late to the party and have a large stack of books I need to finish, I’m going to work on finishing those for the read-a-thon. I also brought home a graphic novel to read (they recommend starting with a short book), a short ARC, and some alternates. Here’s my official list:
Books w/100 or more pages left:
- Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
- The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima
- Starters by Lissa Price (on my Kindle)
- Vicious Little Darlings by Katherine Easer
Fresh books I want to read:
- The Lightning Thief graphic novel
- The Forgetting Curve by Angie Smibert (ARC)
- Nothing Special by Geoff Herbach (ARC)
- Or maybe others b/c it’s Saturday and I’m fickle sometimes
Audiobook for during cooking, cleaning, breaks (Cooking & cleaning I want to accomplish during breaks):
- Switched by Amanda Hocking
I have no idea if I’ll accomplish this or even stay up for the full 24 hours (yeah I probably won’t). But I like the challenge and I need to beef up my “Read in 2012″ list. Is anyone else participating?!